Saturday 30 June 2012

Forever?


Your coat in my closet
a long strand of hair
faint traces of your cologne
memories of yesteryear's.

Feeling the fine fabric, i fold. 
Reach for an empty box
Cast a lingering look,
and tape the box shut.

Forcing the creaky draw open,
i see remnants of all that was broken
laying it to rest gingerly,
i ignore its constant plea.

Making room for a new chapters,
i lend a deaf year to their murmurs
One box over another..
and many more, shall follow after.

Life is transient, Like that!



2 comments:

  1. Making room for new chapters is the way to go Aishwarya:) Lovely verse and so easy to relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had sent a comment to this and came back to see whether you had said anything.
    Nice verse and an elegant blog.
    Thanks for your comments.The one with 'thinking' part brought a smile in the face
    I could not reply you as I could not get your ID from blog.
    kpartha12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete